Our client, a Federal Government department is seeking Business Intelligence Analyst at a APS6 level to undertake a contract until January 2019 with the strong possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Business Intelligence and visualising complex information Excel and IBM Cognos application (or similar).
• undertake business and data analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence
• using intermediate/advanced Excel proficiencies, present data in a visually appealing way that communicates complex conclusions to stakeholders
• support automation of new and existing reports in IBM Cognos application through business requirements scoping, testing, handing over and supporting the relevant teams
• undertake quality assurance to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between work tasks and organisational goals
• excellent critical and analytical thinking and interpersonal communication skills
• intermediate Excel proficiency at minimum, and experience in requirements gathering and testing of new products
• experience in supporting continuous improvement initiatives and implementing improved work practices
SOS Recruitment is committed to the principles of workplace diversity and equity in employment and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, women, people with family responsibilities, people with diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds, religious beliefs and LGBTIQ people.
Please complete the following to register your interest in this position: