Our client, a Commonwealth Government department is seeking a high performing Accountant at the APS 6 level.
This contract is for 6 months initially with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
• Manage the finances and budget including; accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation and investments.
• Prepare and present complex and detailed financial and project reports on a regular basis and as required by stakeholders.
• Provide high quality written and oral advice on issues, including procurement submissions from jurisdictions and on the progress of all council funded projects. Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, build good working relationships and liaise with project managers in the development of contracts.
• Take on a lead role in developing and improving tailored procurement and contract management processes for project managers.
• Actively participate, in conjunction with the team, in continuous business improvement entailing changes to processes & functions.
• Provide ad hoc administration support such as managing the inbox and SPIRE; maintaining Meeting of Environment Ministers (MEM) and Senior Officials Group (SOG) contact information and; responding to other associated queries as they arise.
• Experience in the public sector
• Baseline security clearance
This position requires candidates to have a successful National Police Check prior to commencement.
Please complete the following to register your interest in this position: