Ref. CV311017 (Full-Time) : Register your interest
Our client, a large Commonwealth government department is seeking experienced policy officer to commence immediately until 30 June 2018.
To be successful you must have strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated capacity to work effectively as a member of a team and the ability to prioritise tasks is essential.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Take accountability for tasks and decisions to achieve goals through the provision of guidance;
• Maintain a well-developed understanding of relevant legislation and policy frameworks and provide technical advice in specific areas of policy;
• Undertake routine engagement with internal and external clients, stakeholders and service providers;
• Assist with the organisation of industry meetings;
• Draft Ministerial submissions, Departmental or Ministerial correspondence; • Assist with managing projects and/or contracts to support policy development.
These positions may require interstate and overnight travel.
Essential Experience in a similar role within the APS
• Baseline clearance
• Recent and relevant policy experience is highly desirable, alternatively, strong research and analytical skills, and/or experience in a communications role.
Security Clearance This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Baseline Australian Government security clearance or undergo other employment suitability checks.